C-2-24, Blok C, Rampai Idaman, Prima Damansara, 47830 PJ
Email: [email protected]
Many business owners unintentionally sabotage their own business as a result of procrastinating. When running a business, time management is a must-have skill if you want to achieve success. Procrastination is one of the main reasons why so many fail to effectively manage their time.
In this article, we are going to dive deep on why procrastination makes your business go down. Read more to know all the details.
Procrastination is the habit of putting off tasks that we should be doing now. You delay these tasks and instead do other menial tasks to avoid the ones you should be doing. Unfortunately this can lead to bigger problems down the line.
Some people do it because they are overwhelmed, lack focus, fear failure, or they simply lack motivation. Others do it to avoid unpleasant tasks. Whatever your reasons, procrastination can negatively affect your business in a number of ways.
Procrastination often leads to missed opportunities. When an opportunity presents itself, and you wait until the last minute to act, you risk losing that opportunity to another business.
Waiting until the last second forces you to make hasty, and often bad decisions which could cost your company.
Procrastination can ruin the relationships you have with your customers. Missing deadlines, not responding to customer queries in a timely manner, and not delivering orders on time can lead to the trust between your business and your customers being betrayed, and the relationship eventually ruined.
If you continuously miss deadlines, or don’t deliver on time, your company’s reputation will eventually be tarnished. Nobody wants to do business with a company that has a bad reputation.
1. Aware of Your Priorities. Notice when you have an intention to complete a task, but don’t follow through. Also take note of the excuses you give yourself for not starting or completing tasks. Identify your most commonly used excuses or self-deceptions.
2. Run from Social Media. Social media can be the enemy of productive work. If you find yourself constantly distracted by the endless supply of entertainment and social media, go offline and work without distraction when you have a big task to complete.
3. There’s No Perfect Time. Don’t put off something that needs your attention, even if you’re not in the mood. All you have to do is get started. Starting is often the biggest step.
4. Set A Deadline. If a project is due on Tuesday, then set an artificial deadline for Monday. This will force you to tackle the project sooner, and you won’t have to rush it at the last moment.
5. Make Use of Technology. Use technology to reduce your workload, simplify your tasks and streamline dreaded jobs. Commercient offers apps like SYNC and IoT Pulse that can connect your information systems, and give you a 360 degree view of sales, marketing, and much more.
Procrastination is a deterrent that sabotages our own efforts. Overcoming it is essential if you want your business to succeed. Start by recognizing that you are procrastinating, get organized, and then find a method that works for you.
Starting your own business is both profitable and enjoyable. However, the journey is not as easy as ABC. You need to do the management, accounting, organic reach, and also digital marketing. The rest you can do it on your own however for digital marketing there are lots of aspects you need to look on and have specific strategies.
Rather than you hire your own Facebook Ads Specialist, Tiktok Ads Specialist, Google Ads Specialist, Creative Designer or even renting a space to place them, and the list goes on… which the spendings can reach up to RM20K monthly. With our help, you can cut it more than half of the costs as we provide all the digital marketing essentials.
Grab Free 30 min consultation + RM 1 million sales framework with digital marketing:
Promosi melalui sosial media telah menjadi cara paling popular dan berkesan dalam mempromosikan produk atau perkhidmatan. Walau bagaimanapun, sebelum anda mengambil keputusan untuk memilih platform sosial media sebagai saluran promosi
What is an ecommerce? E-commerce (short for “electronic commerce”) is the buying and selling of goods and services over the internet. E-commerce websites allow users to browse and purchase products
Social media marketing, search engine optimization, email marketing, marketing automation… the list of digital marketing specializations goes on and on. Of course, they are all different. Yet when you do