Promo codes are a valuable marketing tool for any size e-commerce store. They help create buzz about your products, attract traffic, encourage people to buy, and more. But many don’t realize the real power promo codes have to improve SEO as well.
Promo codes can also affect your online presence in other ways that impact your domain authority and rank overall. Here’s how to make the most of promo codes for SEO. In this article, we are going to explain why you need promo codes to boost your e-commerce site
What is an E-Commerce?
Ecommerce, also known as electronic commerce or internet commerce, refers to the buying and selling of goods or services using the internet, and the transfer of money and data to execute these transactions.
Ways to Your E-Commerce with Promo Codes
Share promo codes on your social media profiles and work with influencers to spread the word about them as well. Include them in your paid search campaigns, print ads, and everywhere else you can think of. This extra attention improves overall site traffic, click through rates, conversions, and other factors that tell search engines your e-commerce store is valuable for search results.
You can create attention by doing these:
- Free Shipping – Shipping cost is one of the biggest factors that discourages people from shopping online. Offer free shipping to attract people to your site, and include a minimum purchase amount to improve your margins (E.g., Get free shipping with purchases of RM 100 and more).
- X RM Off – Offer a flat discount on an individual product, a category of products, or on your entire store (E.g., Get RM 10 off your first purchase).
- X Percent Off – Offer a percentage off an individual product, a category of products, or on your entire store (E.g., Get 10% off all children’s shoes).
- But One Free One – This is to attract even more traffic to your promo page from search and elsewhere. It is a great strategy to use if you need to clean out inventory and refresh your product listings.
- Free Gift – Offer a free giveaway with purchase or buy-one-get-one. This is a great promo for cleaning out inventory.
- Expiring Promotion – Offer a promotion for a limited period of time. It can be recurring (e.g., a weekly promo) or seasonal (e.g., spring cleaning discount).
- Monthly or Seasonal Promotion – You should include these promos such as 10.10 Sale or Public Holiday Sale, and so on. People tend to be attracted and follow up to frequent and familiar sales.
- Signing Up Discount – Offer new customers a percentage or amount off when they sign up for your newsletter. This is a great strategy to generate leads and conversions.
- Referral Discount – Offer customers a percentage or amount off when they refer to their friends and able to convince them to sign up or purchase on your website.
- Loyalty Discount – This is the type of discount allocated by your business to be gifted to loyal customers as an appreciation or a surprise. Retaining loyal customers and make them feel valued is much more worthier than to impress new customers as loyal customers tend to stay at a place where they feel more valued.
Offer promo code discounts to your audience as an incentive provide reviews of your products. If you are already familiar with e-commerce SEO, you realize how important reviews are for Google Shopping search results.
Invest in product listing ads (PLAs), and Google displays your e-commerce products in “Shopping” search results. With it, they provide star rating reviews aggregated from merchant websites, third-party review aggregators, editorial sites, and consumers. It is easy to see how positive/negative reviews can determine whether or not searchers click on your product ad.
Probably the best way promo codes can help your SEO is through link building. Promo codes are designed to be shared off of your website, making it a prime opportunity to get new links pointing back to your site.
Working with affiliate sites is one way to build links. By working with affiliates, you can get links back to your site when they feature your promotions.
More specifically, coupon affiliate sites are a large part of link building with promo codes. Big coupon sites like Savings.com and even cash back sites like Ebates are great candidates for this. You can also look for niche coupon sites to submit to—but be warned; there are plenty of spam coupon sites out there.
Blogs and Influencers
Bloggers and influencers are other possible ways to get links with your promo codes. Keep track of blogs and other sites in your niche and look for opportunities to collaborate.
They could feature one of your products on their blog, for example, then you can offer a 10% off promo code to encourage their audience to buy. It is a much more affordable way to spread the word about your products and get extra traffic than advertisements.
The e-commerce boom has been in full swing for years now, making it a competitive challenge to stand out. No matter the size of your e-commerce store, you need to employ unique strategies to spread the word about your products.
How Social Leap Can Help With Your Business
Starting your own business is both profitable and enjoyable. However, the journey is not as easy as ABC. You need to do the management, accounting, organic reach, and also digital marketing. The rest you can do it on your own however for digital marketing there are lots of aspects you need to look on and have specific strategies.
Rather than you hire your own Facebook Ads Specialist, Tiktok Ads Specialist, Google Ads Specialist, Creative Designer or even renting a space to place them, and the list goes on… which the spendings can reach up to RM20K monthly. With our help, you can cut it more than half of the costs as we provide all the digital marketing essentials.
Grab Free 30 min consultation + RM 1 million sales framework with digital marketing: