Throughout this article, you’ll see examples of many affiliate marketing for beginners. But what’s most important here are actually affiliate networks. Many people use these terms interchangeably, but a network is a place where you go to find the individual programs.
9 Types of Affiliate Marketing
Amazon Associates is the absolute best affiliate marketing program for beginners.
You can sign up for its affiliate account in just a few minutes, and it sells virtually everything. So you’ll be able to promote Amazon products, regardless of your niche.
That said, its commission rates are very low. You can see up-to-date rates on this page. But as of this writing, most of the rates range from just 1–3%.
All the Big Box Stores
Like Amazon, all the big box stores have affiliate programs that are really easy to use. Also like Amazon, their commission rates are pretty poor. But they are an easy way to get started while you grow to eventually move to better-paying partners.
- Home Depot
AvantLink is super easy to sign up and get started. Some of the best and highest-paying affiliate programs available through AvantLink include:
- FFL123.com | 50% commission | Firearms/Tactical
- Super Speciosa | 40% commission | Health/Wellness
- Reddiyo | 30% commission | Cycling
- Wedding Hashers | 30% commission | Custom/Personalized Products
- Sprinkle & Sweep | 25% commission | Pet Products
ShareASale is another popular network for affiliate partners. It also lacks in the reporting department but is good enough for beginners.
Some great affiliate options on ShareASale include:
- Northwest Registered Agent LLC | $100 commission | Business Registrant
- Promaster | 15% commission | Photography
- Print Games Now | 35–45% commission | Printing/Games
- FreshBooks | $55 commission | Small Business/Finance
- Aviron Interactive | $110 commission | Fitness
Commission Junction (CJ) is one of the oldest affiliate networks out there, founded all the way back in 1998. Because of that, it has one of the widest selections of affiliate programs.
Some cool programs on CJ include:
- Slova Cosmetics | 20% commission | Bath & Body
- US Service Animals | 25% commission | Pets
- Puraclenz | 25% commission | Equipment
TUNE is great due to its excellent reporting dashboard and ease of use. However, it’s a bit different than the others on this list. Instead of being able to browse its affiliate partners, you have to find someone using its platform to use TUNE.
Rather than recommending specific partners for this one, apply to become a TUNE media partner. Once you sign up, it will automatically connect you with the best affiliate partners for your specific niche.
Impact Radius has been extremely successful in the affiliate space, with brand partners including Airbnb, Adidas, Lenovo, and more.
One of the nice things about Impact is that it will continually recommend you brand partners based on your niche and current partners. This makes it easy to find new affiliate programs with minimal effort.
Some great affiliate options on Impact include:
- Canva | 16–80% commission | Graphic Design
- Pure Hemp Botanicals | 50% commission | CBD
- Thumbtack | 30% commission | Services
- Hyphen Sleep | 18% commission | Mattresses
- Skillshare | 40% commission | Education
Refersion is one of the most successful affiliate software out there, with big brand name partners including Amazon, Shopify, and BigCommerce. Its dashboard is super simplistic and easy to use, which is great for beginners.
Some excellent brand partner options on Refersion include:
- ZUGU iPad Cases | 15% commission | Phones
- Peejamas | 10–20% commission | Kid’s Clothing
- Bodhi Dog | 20% commission | Pet Care
- LUNA Sandals | 10–30% commission | Footwear
- Bare & Bones | 20% commission | Food
Last but not least, Rakuten Advertising is another of the oldest affiliate networks out there that started in 1997. Like CJ, it suffers from dated-feeling interfaces but has a wide selection of brands. Overall, Rakuten interface is poor, but it does have some interesting affiliate programs.
Some options for beginners include:
- Valise Homewares | 14% commission | House Goods
- Ryderwear | 4–10% commission | Athletic Clothing
- Trafalgar | 10% commission | Leather Goods
- Big Little Feelings | 10% commission | Parenting
- La Mariposa | 15% commission | Luxury Women’s Clothing
Found an affiliate program that works for you? Awesome—this section will give you an overview of how to get started earning your first affiliate dollars.
Getting started with affiliate marketing can be done in three steps:
- Choosing an affiliate niche
- Creating your website and content
- Getting traffic to your content
How Social Leap Can Help With Your Business
Starting your own business is both profitable and enjoyable. However, the journey is not as easy as ABC. You need to do the management, accounting, organic reach, and also digital marketing. The rest you can do it on your own however for digital marketing there are lots of aspects you need to look on and have specific strategies.
Rather than you hire your own Facebook Ads Specialist, Tiktok Ads Specialist, Google Ads Specialist, Creative Designer or even renting a space to place them, and the list goes on… which the spendings can reach up to RM20K monthly. With our help, you can cut it more than half of the costs as we provide all the digital marketing essentials.
Grab Free 30 min consultation + RM 1 million sales framework with digital marketing: